Tuesday, January 02, 2007

secret pal



My secret pal has high hopes for me, as you can see. Along with an armload of colorful and whimsical ornaments, beads and pincushions was this very serious present: mohair yarn in a soft shade of sage that is also plied with something just a little bit sparkly. See that pattern she chose? Gorgeous! (There's another, more simple pattern on the back, but I'm thinking positive.)

I only hope I can meet her expectations. I'm still chugging along on the little leaf scarf (in between spinning jags and packing up the holiday decorations) so starting on a project so challenging is just a dream right now. Meanwhile I'm really enjoying just squeezing and petting this beautiful yarn.

Thank you so much, Secret Malaysia Pal. I'm getting excited about finding out who you are!

3 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

I've just found you while "next blog"ging - you've got me itching to be spinning again!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

What a GREAT gift from you secret pal! I'm sure that when you have a chance, you will be able to knit it up into lacey goodness. It really isn't as hard as it seems, but does take a bit of concentration ;) You can do it!!!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, your secret pal got you some beautiful yarn!!

And drool over that spinning wheel! Nice Santa you've got there.

I love those gingerbread houses.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter