Sunday, December 31, 2006

what santa brought



Yes, it's true. Finally, my very own wheel. Not some broken cast - off; no way baby. It's a brand new Lendrum double treadle complete package, and it's mine, all mine!!! How on earth did Santa know? Or more specifically, was I really that good?



I'm going with yes. Okay, I knew the box was in the closet. I dreamed of ripping it open and laying out the pieces. But when it came right down to it, Christmas morning, I got a little worried. Did I really deserve this? Am I really so dedicated? Do I have a clue how to put it together? Not to mention spinning on the darned thing.



Because "Santa" was still watching. Tentatively I tore away the wrappings...gingerly I laid out the wheel. It is silky smooth and smells like a fresh tree. I smoothed out the directions. "Set the frame on the floor. Straighten the drive band. Unscrew the frame knob and remove it from the frame." So that's how it folds up! "Unfold the frame and lift the wheel...." It was all too simple. It was all to perfect. Perfect in its beautiful simplicity.



The world has fallen away (witnessed by the picture above)...I am a spinner, at long last. Disregard the mess please, and focus on my beautiful, wonderful, perfect, simple wheel. I settled on the Lendrum because so many of my guild member friends had one. Now I know why. It's PERFECT, and so easy to use...I am spinning, dishes be damned...

The weird ball you see next to the wheel is some merino pin roving I've had since last February...I call it witch's hair, though dh thinks it looks more rasta - like. In any case, I've had not a snitch of trouble with anything I've tried spinning so far. I'm entranced!

A "complete package" means it came with a fast flyer and a plying head, both of which are yet to be explored. Meanwhile, you know where to find me.

WWhhhrrrrrrr.....wwwwhhhrrrrr....wwwwwhhhhhhhhrrrrr.....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and many happy spinning hours to you in the new year!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger LJ said...

I like that Santa finds things that are Canadian made! Happy Spinning! And Happy New Year! May the year bring you lots of spinning and good cheer! Dishes and housework be damned!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee! How did he ever get it down the chimney? In-Sanity Clause!
Happy New Year sweetie!
Love, Sylvie xoxo

12:25 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

May I say, welcome to the deeper addictions of spinning, lol! Yeah, first it's the dishes sitting in the sink. Then you will find a crockpot so you can slow cook the food instead of constantly tending it, just so you can have more spinning time... oh yeah, I can share some of this wisdom!

Were you good enough, deserving enough? Oh YES YOU ARE! And next year, you will be good enough and deserving enough for another goodie!

Happy New Year Kat! May the New Year bring you and your family many blessings!

1:06 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Congratulations on your new wheel! Enjoy it! Happy New Year!

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Your first wheel! May it spin away for many many hours and days and years!!! So now you have joined us in our obsession. As Lauraj said "dishes and housework be damned!" My hubby was reading that over my shoulder and laughed and AGREED!!!

Blessings on a new, spinning year! (I am putting up the picture of my new wheel on my post today!)

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter