Monday, January 15, 2007

i can make yarn



Here is a nice before and after shot: On the left, the Rasta Witch's Hair pin roving, and on the right, all spun and Navajo plied - who knew it was so FUN!?



Of course I skeined up this sweet little thing because I was too damn impatient to finish spinning the whole ball. Before the guild meeting, I was actually going to chuck it. I went so I could ply what I had done, and I had a sore arm from trying to force it.



The nice ladies encouraged me to draft those little rasta dreads before I try to spin them. This is pretty fun too, and I don't mind spending the time on it if it gives my arm a break. (I also need to draft more with my left hand, let my guiding hand only guide the thread)

All told, I am thrilled with my result.




As evidenced by the number of pictures I've taken here. Color has become my healer lately. I'm noticing a lot more saturated colors have found a place in my environment. You see it's a wee little skein!




I think it's art!

I think I'm totally hooked.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos, and your yarn is beautiful too!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I see that you are falling deeper under the spell of the dreaded fiber addiction! Welcome to the club!

I am really impressed with your skein, very nice! Have you thought of what you will make with it, or will you just leave it as is for a while?

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is art. And the colours are wonderful.

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter