Wednesday, November 15, 2006

very important swap news!



Yesterday, P. #2 and I took a special drive allllll the way out to the post office in Watsonville. We waited in line for a little while with our pink slip of paper. The guy at the counter was dubious when I showed him my i.d. "Aurora?" he frowned. Then he looked at the Princess (who insists on sitting on the counter - though she's a little big) and says "Ooooh, it's for her, right?" And I go, "Yeah." Then I sign as her "official signer". He goes back and rummages around for awhile and then he brings out this package. I warned him that there was going to be a couple more (yay!)

Malaysia! All the way from Malaysia...sounds so exotic, I was intrigued. It was only a short drive home before I opened it.



Everything was so colorful, tropical, and evoking of peace...bright cans of incense, gorgeous hari clips trimmed with silk orchids; Half Cotton yarn in quiet colors, sushi molds, a Japanese Zakka crochet book (help, Michele!). I allowed Princess #2 to cut apart the string of Chinese Zodiac animals (forgive me, pal) and she loved playing with them. Midget loved the rat in particular.

Also for my daughter, a cute and unique paint organizer, that we decided to try out right away.






We opened a long coveted strip of neon paints and painted frames for our Yule gifts. These will hold her first official school picture. We worked very, very hard (notice the tongue sticking out)

Thank you so much, pal from Malaysia...those clips are going to be fabulous in my hair when we go to Hawaii. I love, love, love everything! I'm so glad you are my pal.



I hope to show you some of the Yule craft projects I have been working on too! Stay tuned OK!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like the goods that I pick for you. I'm not sure do you crochet or not but I thought the idea in the book are very useful for everyday life. enjoy!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me...I have a big box of popsicle sticks waiting for you. Let's get together soon!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

WOW! It looks like you have a great secret pal!

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how cool!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter