Sunday, February 26, 2006

happy birthday Randy

Here we have the buttermilk birthday cake from my new favorite cookbook. The small Princess and I had a terrific time creating it together. Lucky thing mil sent the jelly bellies for embellishing - so much better than that hideous gel-in-a-tube stuff. Homemade cake IS extaordinary and so worth the time and trouble. This baby took six of my lovely homegrown eggs. Delicious! I also made spinach enchiladas, beans and Spanish rice. It was quite a celebration.
Dh spent his special day doing his favorite thing, playing in the dirt. A boy loves his toys! We rented this baby for getting the corral done. It's twice as big as my car (behind)!
There was a steady stream of friends old and new, stopping in and overlapping, kind of open house style. It was a bright and sunny day followed by a quick drop to the 30's, just enough to start the fire going again and make us all feel cozy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!

OK, I've noticed all of you wondering...when is she going to post some knitting news?! After all, this is supposed to be a knitting blog. Well, there's good news and bad news. First, dh didn't mind that I couldn't get his socks done on time for his birthday. I'm down to the heel turn on the first sock, and with concentrated effort I can probably finish them soon. I'm glad I chose a very very basic pattern, because I am (finally) enjoying the project. HOWEVER I will NOT get them done in time to earn my Olympic medal. *sigh* Yes, like many other athletes, I am feeling the agony of defeat, and will have to wait four more years to try to prove myself again. (Or maybe two, if we try a summer games challenge, eh?) I can only gather comfort in the sheer number of knitters I know (ahem!) that are feeling the same pain. And for those of you who will no doubt be flaunting those gold medal buttons in your sidebars soon...I applaud you.

Anywho, I was feeling a little guilty because suddenly, the blog was taking life in its own hands...it wanted family posts, crafting posts, and nice pictures for their own sake (love the food shots!) Does this happen to other people too? And does anyone really care?! If anyone lurking out there would be willing to put in their 2 cents, I'd relish a little feedback. Hello? (Oh and I recently fixed the comments thingy so anyone in the world can comment, even anonymously.)

And for all the people wishing I'd get back on track, stay tuned for some VERY EXCITING SPINNING NEWS.....hint: it's about a girl, a wheel, and a plan. More coming!

3 Comments:

Blogger Green Kitchen said...

Hi Aurora, I can't find an email for you or I'd reply to the post you left on my site. --Michelle

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! i can comment now! been trying to for a while but it was only blogger comments being accepted when i did...love your blog! talk about major resonance with my soul...

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mohair is on its way! ;-)

I love those mags you bought (and the yarn), and that little green eyed kitty - swoons! It is soooooo cute.

Re: KT's comment: I bet there isn't a knitting and tractor blog out there yet.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter