Wednesday, February 08, 2006

sit or run

Here are a couple of options for you! Sit here and knit...or run a marathon.
Here I am, running 26.2 miles in the Rock and Roll Marathon, San Diego. Do not ever, ever ask me my time.
That's not important! What's important is, I did it with Team In Training.
Two years ago, I lost my beloved father to leukemia. Dad was an elementary school principal for 35 years. Noone I know loved children as much as he did. He loved every single student, and I grew up listening to his little antecdotes and tales at dinnertime. He was a pillar of unconditional love and support for me, and inspired me to become a teacher myself.
Now each year, I run for him...I train, sweat, swear and move forward for him. In so doing I raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Did you know that leukemia is the number one killer of children? Click on the TNT button in my sidebar to help!
And now, on with the training....or maybe I'll just sit down for a minute...
Atticus applauds my choice. As he licks himself silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter