Wednesday, January 25, 2006

life as i see it

Sunday we spent a lovely day at the beach. Sadly, many of the Monterey County beaches are too polluted to swim in. Capitola is one such beach, so we just gathered shells, enjoyed a picnic, watched the surfers, then retired to the Fog Bank for hot chocolate and burgers.

I have been depressed about my work. Though I usually love my job, this year we have a new Boss who I detest. In nine years I have never received a poor evalution. Recent events have revealed several poor marks in areas I mastered long ago. Though this isn't her biggest fault, Boss Lady seems to have the "like it or lump it" attitude and is full of patronizing, rationalizing excuses for giving me a less than stellar review. She is a control freak and cannot bear to let us relax; heaven forbid we feel OK with things the way they are, and each veiled compliment must be followed by the prerequisite "..but..." It's so discouraging. All the better reason to enjoy my next two days OFF!!!
I have many things I SHOULD be doing (like finishing my other Shadow Heart sock, affectionately known as psychosok) or cleaning the house (blech), but the undertow of Blogland is strong. One particular rogue wave that has swept me out is yarnstorm. Her style, her wonderful photos, and her obvious creativity has inspired me beyond belief. She gets my vote as blogger Most Wanted To Be My Next Door Neighbor.
It would be wrong not to mention two others dear to my heart, Melanie and Christine. I have them to credit for FINALLY getting the buttons on my sidebar. Thanks so much you guys!
And to furthur prove her obvious love for me, Christine tagged me for the recent meme thingy.

4 jobs I've had:
1. Summer horseback riding camp instructor
2. Fabric store clerk
3. Seamstress
4. Kindergarten teacher

4 movies I could watch repeatedly:
1. Out Of Africa
2. A Room With A View
3. Unzipped!
4. Pee Wee's Big Adventure

4 place I have lived (boring, they're all in California):
1. Salinas
2. San Jose
3. Sunnyvale
4. Los Gatos

4 TV shows I like:
1. I Love Lucy
2. Friends
3. Martha Stewart
4. Anything on Food Network

4 websites I visit daily:
1. Hotmail
2. Yahoo
3. Lunea Weatherstone
4. My Secret Pal's blog (sh!)

4 of my favorite foods:
1. chile verde
2. salame and mustard
3. bread and cheese
4. a great salad

4 bloggers I'm tagging:
1. YOU if you read me regularly
2. YOU if you have three daughters
3. YOU if you live in California
4. YOU if you would answer any of these questions the same way

While in Hawaii, as well as visiting a hole in the wall yarn shop, I discovered a terrific fabric store. This place was WALL TO WALL with gorgeous Hawaiian fabric in every weight and design, and the prices were terrific! I will make summer pillow covers with some, maybe a couple of adorable dresses for P. #2. I already stitched up a couple of simple drawstring backpacks for gifts; I'm thinking bags, I'm thinking napkins, I'm taking suggestions too!

Thanks for reading. Back soon with more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

That fabric is wonderful! The buttons look great but all the credit should go to Christine since she taught me (and found my sidebar when it disappeared completely - twice). Just watch, someday someone will ask you how to get a button on their blog and you'll know how to help them.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Do not let my daughter see all the fabric your brought back with you. She will insist that it becomes Lilo dresses! (Massive love affair with Lilo and Stitch!)

Yep, you're a real blogger now, but you didn't need me to tag you to become a real blogger, lol.

And ya, I guess you could say I like ya!

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter