Sunday, January 01, 2006

Blessings for 2006

Here's good fortune for the new year: three hens laying! My lovely Auracanas gifted me with the colored ones, the brown is from Red Angel, my Rhode Island from February. It's actually amazing that anyone is laying since it is terrifically stormy and cold here. Dh and Princess are all curled up with Fritos and football. I have dyed the rest of my old Merino with blue raspberry lemonade Koolaid and it is drying by the fire. I spent a frustrating 1/2 hour trying to get the wheel to work and try some of the lovely Alpaca I scored, but alas. I haven't the patience or (evidently) the skill. Even the spindle felt wrong. As Scarlett would say, "Tomorrow is another day".
I did cast on 240 (!) stitches on size 8 circ's purchased at my favorite thrift store (red plastic with white tips!) to make a garter stitch scarf with my stash. Wish I could remember what blog I saw that idea on...anyway I can't get it out of my head and now we're off. All the fun beginning attempts at spinning look great mixed in with whatever I grab out of the bag.

Here is my altar for Winter Solstice. You can see the Hawaiin influence here. Forefront is a bag of sand from Waikiki beach. Also a white feather found on the island, a symbol of the grace of Spirit. On the right is dh's gifts: a glow-in-the-dark Madonna holding a lovely beaded Serenity bracelet. (More present pictures to come.) Oranges for prosperity, plumeria incense and the Red Dragon, a gift from dh on my last birthday, shortly after contracting another blood clot in my leg. (Red Dragon is the healer of blood diseases.) My mom got me the terrific flowered gardening tools. Candles and my tarot deck completes the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter