Wednesday, November 16, 2005

So Close.....


Do you think I'll have enough yarn to finish the 6 sox socks? I found this pink yarn at a garage sale, and now I finally have a good reason NOT to use garage sale yarn. I think these socks are turning out lovely...I decided I liked the contrast and I especially love doing the knit - a - long. It turned out I needed help doing this "moderate strong heel" method. It's a lot different than knitting a seperate heel flap and picking up stitches at the sides. (I hear you sock experts snickering...)


Meanwhile, I've never blogged about my spinning efforts. That's because, well, I'm just starting. Here's the latest yarn I spun on my drop spindle:














And here's what it looks like in a skein. Not bad for a beginner, eh? (OK, terrible picture. But trust me, it's lovely!) I did most of this at my Spinner's Guild meeting last Saturday. Many of the wonderful, talented women there, spinning along on their gorgeous wheels, confessed to a hatred for the humble drop - and unabashed admiration at my skill! (tee hee) But I had to confess to my yearning for a wheel, and to the fact that all the drafting experience I had collected over the past couple of months only gave me a smidgeon of the confidence I needed to tackle a wheel.

However, at the member's insistence, I came home with THIS: (on loan until next time)

This is an Ashford Travellor (sp?) that was purchased on Ebay and is for sale, but I can't afford it right now. The owner wants $350.00 but I would like to find something used for about half that much....I have dipped my toe into the Ebay abyss but since just blogging spins my head around you can imagine what the online auction scene does to me. (Read: must lie down now.) Actually it takes soooooo long to down load these pics that I'm getting quite a bit of cleaning done in between waits...


The last bit of news: I have a new French door! We have a deck that looks over the forest. Dh worked very very hard and here's the opening: (talk about your indoor/outdoor living! TG for mild fall weather!!!!) I'll show you a picture of the door when it's finished. Until then....back to the wheel....Love and light to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter