Wednesday, October 12, 2011

nice dad eats meat



For about six months, my vegetarian cowboy husband, Nice Dad, has been requesting "more protein". Beans, tofu, cheese, and all manner of combinations have been cooked and eaten and frankly we were exhausting the possibilities. So when the CGA State Show BBQ happened, imagined my surprise when Nice Dad ate tri - tip.

This was quite an amazing thing. Here was this guy, vegetarian for twenty years, and he eats tri - tip! Well, why not? It was grass fed, local, and totally delicious.

Since then, I've been reeling with excitement at expanding our menus exponentially. I picked up some organic ground beef and made chili. He ate three bowls. Last weekend I made pot roast - and he gobbled it up while making mmmmmmmm sounds and smacking his lips.

Grass fed beef is not cheap; the pot roast alone cost me $23. But being able to cook something besides endless vegetables?

Priceless.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

We've been going a little in the other direction over here ;) Been trying to add a few non meat dishes to the diet to help stretch the food budget! But oh, that tri tip does look good and I bet it's nice to have more variety now!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

next Spring you can take him to a San Jose Giants game... (for the ribs!)

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter