Wednesday, August 18, 2010

lady gaga


Yesterday I turned 46.  Now of course I was a big fan of Madonna.  I tried all her looks, sang the songs, danced my heart out.  I miss those days.  So naturally I was up for falling in love again... with this generation's Madonna.


There are quite a few differences between Madame M. and Lady G. however.  One is, Gaga can SING.  I mean really sing.  She also plays an amazing keyboard.  And unlike Madonna, she writes all her own songs.

I dragged my teenagers along for the fun.  I didn't have to pull that hard!


We joined 10,000 fans at the HP Pavillion to catch a glimpse of this cutting edge phenom.  The freaks were out in force.  Many many people (men and women) dressed the part and it made for a very colorful show.  The energy was totally positive, everyone was smiling and laughing and getting ready for an incredible performance.


There really are no words to describe Lady Gaga.  In her article in Vanity Fair this month, she states that as a teenager she prayed to God to "make her crazy," to instill something within her that would stand out and be heard as the most creative, innovative energy that could perhaps change the way people feel about themselves.  At the concert last night she said she wanted us to leave not loving her more, but loving ourselves more.  She said we were the superstars.


The costumes, the dancing, the incredible props (better than Disneyland), and of course the pulsing beat of the music was completely transformational.  It was an incredible show that I will never forget.  Waking up this morning I kept reliving parts of it... especially when she sang "So Happy I Could Die" wearing this amazing costume, spiraling up from the floor on a plexiglass platform and looking like a futuristic angel.

I took many more pictures than this but I've been trying to download them all day so I'll take what I can get and try again tomorrow.  Hopefully the video I took will work too!  So beautiful.

5 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Happy Birthday Aurora!! Lady G is awesome just like you! :)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

WOW!!! Whatta concert!


Happy Birthday, dear!

The best is yet to come!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Aztechalo said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so jealous of your concert going experience. I wanted to see her but alas, I had work camp, at the ranch. It looks like you guys had an awesome time.

9:39 AM  
Blogger ~Narita said...

Thanks for sharing!!! I love living vacariously through you, just so you know :)

Love to you my dear

~Narita
http://thetwilightthread.blogspot.com/

4:01 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

OMW! LADY GAGA concert!? grrreat

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter