Thursday, November 19, 2009

comforts


Random things that give me comfort right now:

**A fire in the woodstove on a chilly evening, and some spinning - purply blue merino that feels like a cloud.

**Slogging through parent teacher conferences with the knowledge that the light at the end of this loooong tunnel is seeing my family and enjoying a nice long five day weekend.


**Scented candles in my bedroom that make it feel warmer in there even though it's far from it.

**Putting two down comforters on my bed and snuggling up with a couple of holiday magazines.

**Filling pretty bowls with seasonal fruit and occasionally things found in Little P.'s pockets (like the eucalyptus pods above)


**Autumn light.  I love the colors of the madrone trees as the golden liquid sun hits just the tops and looks like honey and persimmons.


**The predictability of the road home, each winding curve banked by wise old trees and drifts of leaves, and the welcome of my animals as I arrive home.

What is bringing you comfort these days?

4 Comments:

Blogger The socklady said...

Love the pix of the wood stove, makes me wish I was still heating with wood. Looks nice and comforting.

10:08 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

finishing my quilts started earlier this year and piling them on my bed. such bliss! it's like a hug everytime i get in bed. of course it's too hot after a while and i have to throw them off but one or two. but still they make me immensely happy. and warm.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

lovely post! Though it's quite warm here, I'm still trying to embrace the autumn mood with spicy candles and seasonal cooking.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

walking in the early AM with the dogs.
Hot tea with honey.hugging my dogs, having my grandma here. looking foward to seeing you and fam for clovers birthday. reading your blog
nice fire, i do miss my wood stove. hugs raga

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter