Sunday, October 05, 2008

brain food


I am not 100% raw, but I still enjoy dabbling in the kinds of raw food that help my brain function. Some mornings I crave something fresher and more stimulating than coffee.


Here we have frozen organic mango chunks, kale (sometimes I use spinach), lemon juice, and water. I've also used orange juice successfully for this, but lemon cuts the sweetness of the mango just right and makes it highly drinkable.


I'd rather be juicing, but this is a good alternative for the early morning rush. I turn on the blender and then run off to round up books, lunches, shoes and sweaters.


I totally agree with all the raw fooders out there that this kind of food makes your brain work better. I always feel sharper and more clear after I drink my green. You should try it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

brain food indeed! i haven't tried mango yet - must do that. your kitchen is so lovely and cheerful!
heather
beautythatmoves

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter