Thursday, September 25, 2008

apple dapple

We had a lovely time picking apples this weekend. The Granny Smith tree is prolific this year due to the presence of our bees and a little Gala tree that we received for a housewarming gift.


Little P. up a tree. What will we make with all these? Sauce? Juice? Pie? Or just biting into the crunchy, juicy, organic goodness right off the branch?


I'm not big on ladders, so Nice Dad does the hard part. This tree is easily 30 years old, and seems happier this year than ever. So prolific.


My favorite treat is crisp, fresh, tart Grannies eaten in slices with nonfat feta from Trader Joe's. Yum!


Enough to eat, enough to share with family, friends, colleagues... I fantasize about handing them out to strangers on the street. We are rich!

Of course we'll leave some for the birds, and bees.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bean said...

Oh my gosh, that basket of Grannie's is heaven... I am a loyal Granny Smith eater ever since my Granny in England introduced them to me. Green apples are it for me!! You truly are rich with those wonderful fruits!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Ooh, I love the pics! I'm so envious, we have nowhere to pick apples here in FL. *pout*

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter