Thursday, August 07, 2008

wedding majick


A beautiful wedding I attended last month, and hopefully some dear friends that were unable to attend will enjoy these pictures (hi, B!)

Here the daughters cast the circle for the ceremony. They just needed fairy wings to make this look complete.


Three sisters, in yellow, green and pink (the youngest). It felt very sweet.


It was an eclectic ceremony, hosted by a church that blends and includes all denominations. The bride placed her groom's ring first on her own index finger, then he took it as a symbol of her love and faith and placed it on his own ring finger. Then he did the same with hers. Kind of cool.


Later at the reception, held at the local Elk's Club, a group of stags hovered in this spot all night. These guys were the ultimate group of computer nerds. After a couple of rounds of drinks, we married but still cute teacher girls sashayed over and mortified them all by convincing them to dance to "Play That Funky Music White Girl." Fun!


The bride and I taught together for a couple of years, sharing a room and the ups and downs of our lives together, laughing and crying. We are very different, but somehow very similar as well... I guess we are both pretty romantic. Last year she moved to a new school and I miss her very much. I'm so happy she has found true love at last.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the wedding pics, you sweet bewitching woman!! I love your GREEN kitchen.
XOOXOX B.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Ms. Tori said...

Love these sweet memories captured. I miss you and your wonderful sense of humor in my life. I have found this special place where you share pieces of yourself. I feel connected again. Teas, alters, the committee, knitting, Quan Yin, worship, the mountains, mothers, yes, different but the same too. Thanks.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter