Saturday, August 09, 2008

colorado


We have returned from four days in Colorado. We stayed in a cabin in Del Norte, right by the Rio Grande. Here we have the view from our bedroom window.... what we witnessed upon awakening the first morning, after having arrived in the dark.


Little P. has been proudly announcing to everyone within earshot how she was "going fishing" in Colorado for the past month. We all gave it our best shot. N.D. even bought a license and a bunch of fancy gear, but no luck. I don't know how I would have felt if I had indeed caught one... elated at first maybe, but after that who knows.


Here we look upstream. The river is constant, fed by the patches of snow I spied still up a little higher. It was over 8,000 feet up there... on Sunday I felt woozy and had to lie down for a spell!


Downstream was just as pretty. I really appreciated the beautiful grass, so lush and clean. It really kept feet clean, I noticed the floors stayed nice so much longer than mine!


The mountains are beautiful, and N.D. is desperate to move back there. I think it would be a nice place to retire. It was definitely a slower pace, and not even a Starbucks.

Come to think of it, it was perfect.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Campbell said...

I loooove Colorado.

6:51 PM  
Blogger C said...

You changed from DH to ND? What does that mean? (I'm a little slow)

Miss you!

3:36 PM  
Blogger C said...

Oh, Nice Dad? Saw that in your previous post just now. Got it! :)

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter