Saturday, December 29, 2007

long time no sea

This may have been the longest time ever between posts. So much has been happening since we returned from Hawaii: Solstice (a small, strange party this year), Christmas with my family in Chico (everyone together for the first time in years), and then we all got sick. I'm still battling a cold, but it's cozy here in our little dome abode, and I've got lots of tea and comfort.


I've been knitting too....while on the beach I slammed out a few dishcloths for mil. I like how these colors match the sand. That's Japanese cotton from my Malaysian pal and a ball of hemp from my local hippie store. This made a terrific, abrasive cloth for lots of scrubbing.



I cranked out three of these while on vacation, and kept the largest one for me. I think it will make a nice big washcloth for the mini spas I have planned in the New Year.


Ah, nothing like an island pedicure. More to come, I promise!

2 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Welcome home! So nice to see you back and posting again. I love the dishcloth you made. I plan to attempt those in the new year. Knitting is one of my crafty resolutions! :D Happy belated Solstice, and Christmas and Happy New Year to come! Peace and lots of love for you and your family for 2008.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Mich said...

Hey babe - I love the fact that you're knitting on the beach! That photo rocked!

mich
x.

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter