Friday, May 11, 2007

growing stuff


I've always disdained fake flowers. Dried arrangements leave me depressed. Plastic? Not so much. Until my lovely orchid finally dropped it's last petal, and while at Beverly's I spied something terrific.

My favorite shade of green...and looking remarkably real... these chartreuse silk blooms are making me smile, and promise to keep me smile indefinitely. Which is more than I can say for most things in my life right now.


Speaking of smiles...this guy certainly brings them on. My mom bought this little seed experiment for Horsey Girl, but he's been languishing since Christmas and I finally took him under my wing, and onto the kitchen windowsill. Isn't he a hoot?! Grass seed in a nylon stocking kind of contraption, and the directions give pictures of different hairstyles you can do when his top grows out to the max.

That is, of course, when H. Girl's interest will kick in. Too late! He's all mine.


Speaking more philosophically, I think I too have been growing as of late. This involves a lot of therapy, a modicum of bodywork, a measure of excercise and a whole lot of prayer. There is change in the air, the Goddess is alive and majick is afoot...yet I remail suspended in this moment.

Breathing in, I calm my body.....breathing out, I smile. I dwell in the present moment...knowing this is a wonderful moment.

This painting was created for a Spring Equinox ritual eight years ago. It was to be a shield, a representation of She who is my Authentic Self, a reminder of who I embody as a whole. I like the image I chose, carefully copied from a magazine picture, and the hair I embellished with golden paint. The pentacles making up the starry night sky were stamped from a carved carrot.

Yeah, she's still in there somewhere. Only life gets in the way of keeping more in touch.


When I feel at the end of my rope, I walk deep into the forest and just breathe. Not far from the bees' home is this Grandmother oak tree. Hard to tell from the picture, She is about eight feet around, wiser than wise, older than old. Being near her puts all things in perspective.

Truly I am blessed. May I not forget.


2 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

I love the painting.
I love the plants.
I love the tree.
Most of all, I love you.

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

growing and growing and growing!In all the purfict perportions. Happy mothers day!My mantra is that my life is talor made for my highest relazation. talor made! Yor an insperation as usual! I have always loved that painting. Lets get together soon
Love and blessings!
Keep up th great work!
Raga

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter