Tuesday, April 10, 2007

spring break

These seeds are bursting out of their pots since we planted them Ostara Eve. A mix of sunflowers, lantana and marigolds. I am not inspired to plant a garden this year. Recent years have been haphazard efforts at best, and I think I am giving it up until old age, much like book writing, painting, and traveling has been shelved in my mind.

I have many grand plans for Spring Break this week. Some are about the images above: eating healthfully, drinking lots of pure water, yoga and meditation, serenity and grace and peace. This is always challenging, but never more so when the house is full of two teenagers, three dogs and an active four year old, all of them bent on shattering my calm.

My psychic last week told me I was holding a lot of sadness in my space, and I believe that she is right. There are a few reasons for this, and most of them are admittedly pretty old. But my therapist, who I LOVE, recommended massage and acupuncture in the coming weeks, so I'm pretty excited to try moving some of that old crap out.

Spring break doesn't call for knitting, though Lord knows there are projects I could be finishing. I may indeed finish spinning up the Wildflower roving my first Secret Pal sent so very, very long ago...there's not much left before I can start plying, which is always my favorite part.

Yes.....meditating, sleeping, journaling, reading and making tea all feel right right now.

Um, oh yeah....tomorrow we leave for Disneyland. Guess I'll have to wait!






A big thank you to one of my favorite bloggers, Laura, for this special award....I like to think I am thinking, but not ever too hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter