Sunday, November 19, 2006

what i'm really knitting



I am becoming a new kind of knitter. Some of you may know that I don't generally have more than one project going at a time. But I suppose, at the holidays, it's understandable to start a couple of quick gift projects. And it's nice to get a little break from the lace...it feels nice to knit with a quiet color a little bit too!

I'm making hemp facecloths (my good old dishcloth pattern) and tying them up with a bar of soap with raffia, lavender, and a nice tag. It seems like a nice gift, don't you think?



Speaking of lavender, I made these little bags with some Princess #2 and I harvested together. Some of these fabrics came from swaps and such. (Blogger is making links difficult for me STILL, please forgive me not crediting all of you special pals and such!) This is a quick and easy project. You can use herbs from the store. I want to find some cat mint to make kitty toys in shapes.



If you are a relative, avert your eyes! You could be witnessing your own presents. But I warned you. This shirt was pretty quick to do. I came across the bag of t shirts I had purchased for this idea last week...I was glad I did! I have a few more like this to make.



Midget has become my new model. This pillow is from thrifted calico, vintage rick rac and an old stitchery project...it's the three little kittens, and they're playing with their mittens. It's soft and kind of worn in feeling...("hmmm, maybe a good mattress...")

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You busy bee! So many many sweet projects going. Remind me when I see you next to give you some wonderful vintage yardage that I thrifted in Roseburg, Oregon.
Pssst...I know where you can score some dynamite cat mint. Shhhh.

9:04 AM  
Blogger LJ said...

Lovely! Lovely! Wonderful presents!!
I'm doing a 21 crafts in 21 days challenge! You should too!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

In todays world, I often find that the more simple, well thought out gifts are the best ones! A lot of love is going into your gifts there and I'm sure the lucky recipients will be overjoyed!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

My boy is turning four this Thursday, Thanksgiving.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter