Saturday, May 07, 2011

riding with my daughter



We are attempting to ride every other day, in order to get our horses in shape (ahem) for competition. Since we have established that we are working on control (ahem ahem) now we do lots of legwork on the trails, a little jogging for endurance, a little cantering to practice rating and the all important STOP.

I love coming home from a long day at work. It's just.... homely.



Our trailer serves as tack room and hitching post. The horses learn to hang out comfortably this way also which is great when we are out somewhere else. I am riding the Western saddle even though I like the convenience of my (permanently) borrowed Haviland. Not so much forward.

Of course Princess number 2 can not quite put her own saddle on yet, so I saddle up for both of us and count it as an upper body workout.



Ah, back in the saddle feels good.

P2 likes to coax Nelly through all the big puddles, but I don't make Mr. Handsome step into anything I wouldn't.

Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter